Please read an overview of legal terms relating to drivers
Driving Law membership will provide membership benefits including legal advice and represention.
Click for more information
Using a vehicle without insurance
Under section 143(1)(a) RTA 1988 "a person must not use a motor vehicle on a road or other public place unless there is in force in relation to the use of that vehicle by that person a policy of insurance ."
Under section 145 the policy must be issued by an authorised insurer and must insure for death or bodily injury to any person, or damage to property, caused by, or arising out of, the use of a vehicle on a road in Great Britain, i.e. third party insurance.
Index of Offences
- Being in charge of a vehicle with excess alcohol
- Careless driving/driving without due care
- Disqualification from driving
- Drink Driving
- Driving While Disqualified
- Failing to provide a specimen of breath
- Failing to stop/report an accident
- Mobile phone use
- Seat belts
- Traffic lights
- Totting Up
- Using a vehicle without insurance
For more information please view full list of driving law terms