Please read an overview of legal terms relating to drivers
Driving Law membership will provide membership benefits including legal advice and represention.
Click for more information
This area of the Driving Law site allows you to read for yourself about the most common offences.
This includes a summary of what the Prosecution must prove that you have done in order for a Court to convict you of that offence. Defences against offences including examples of previous cases where people have secured an acquittal are contained in the Free Motor Law section.
Index of Offences
- Being in charge of a vehicle with excess alcohol
- Careless driving/driving without due care
- Disqualification from driving
- Drink Driving
- Driving While Disqualified
- Failing to provide a specimen of breath
- Failing to stop/report an accident
- Mobile phone use
- Seat belts
- Traffic lights
- Totting Up
- Using a vehicle without insurance
For more information please view full list of driving law terms